Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fitocracy and the BST

So last weekend I decided to join Fitocracy. Fun place to track workouts, get points, level up, etc. It's kind of like playing a game, but to get points you have to work out! To get badges and complete quests you have to complete certain workouts or exercises in a certain time frame. There are all sorts of crazy quests that force you to go outside your comfort zone and do workouts you might not otherwise do. Like today I completed the 'Park Ranger' quest which is:

Blaze a few trails, kick up some dirt, and leave a set of footprints behind you. Find a nice outdoor path to run, and have a good little stretch afterwards. Complete this quest in one day's workout.
  • Go Trail Running for at least 30 minutes
  • Breathe in some fresh air and stretch for at least 10 minutes after your run.

Wait a minute... That's not outside of my comfort zone at ALL! I have done some other workouts that I haven't done in a while just to complete quests though. Find the right ways to motivate yourself, and you'll get stuff done. Now to apply that to home improvements and work projects!! (I'm actually working on that)

If you want to join me sign up here! That way I get credit for you joining and if 10 people join I get a free month of "Hero" which... uh.. Well I have no idea what that actually does, but it normally costs like 5 bucks a month. Upgraded membership basically. I'm already level 10! Go me!

So Sunday I did a bunch of pullups to complete the Monkeying Around Quest (worth 300 pts; Perform a set of the following: 10 Pull Ups, 10 Chin Ups, 10 Parallel Grip Pull Ups, 5 Wide Grip Pull Ups) by doing 10 of each instead of the 5 Wide grip. Normally I don't work out on Sundays, but I wanted to complete that Quest!! 

Yesterday I decided I'd do the "As Seen on TV!" Quest but did more than some of the requirements. It's been a while since I've done some of these pretty normal workouts! (some of it I did earlier at work too)
  • Chin-Up: 15 reps (+108 pts)
  • L-Sit Chin-Up: 10 reps (+82 pts)
  • Jumping Jacks: 100 jumping jacks (+30 pts) 2nd set, 100 jumping jacks (+30 pts)
  • Crunch: 50 reps (+25 pts)
  • Push-Up: 50 reps (+75 pts)
  • Plank: 125 sec (+43 pts)
  • Bicycle (abs): 50 reps (+20 pts)
  • Body Weight Squat: 100 reps (+65 pts)
  • Body Weight Lunge: 20 reps (+24 pts) 
Today I had a decent yoga class at work. I'm looking forward to the new Intern's classes she is starting up in a few weeks. I'm also strangely looking forward to working in the Stretching Area at our International Convention. I'll be helping people stretch and do some easy workouts to help them get through the craziness of sitting and listening to long convention speeches and walking around getting to all the different presentations. Conventions cause all sorts of tightness.

This evening was running night. Had a great 5 mile run along the Bonneville Shoreline trail. At the last half mile I saw we would be able to stay under 50 minutes total (and that included a five minute break halfway where we stood around before turning back) so I started booking it, causing my brother (who usually sets our pace) and brother in law to speed up as well. We got as low as 5:32 min/mile for a bit, and averaged well below 7 per mile for that last half mile! And we made it. Definitely felt good to pull that speed off at the end even though I started off feeling quite tired.


You really can't tell.. but this sunset was fabulous

The running crew

Tomorrow is my anniversary! 11 years married to the most beautiful woman. Amazing how this past year especially has really been a FIT one... although I've gotta say I always feel like I fit with her, it's just that this fitness fits even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment