Saturday, November 3, 2012

On the Trails (and Crossfit) Again!

This toothache is killing me!!

Of course it has to be on a weekend when all dentists are closed... And on my dentist's answering machine it says to call in case of "Dental Emergency" but I am not sure if this qualifies.

Kakes says it does because I woke up a bunch last night in horrible pain. I've been managing with Ibuprofen and only eating on my left side. The tooth that is the issue is actually a crown - so it is INSIDE where the root and stump of my original tooth that is hurting. Hopefully it isn't any sort of infection and will easily be taken care of.

Yesterday I finally made it back to Crossfit, which really seems to be a theme with  me lately. Go to crossfit, get really busy and keep missing it for weeks at a time, make it back a few weeks later and post the same "finally made it back!" type of post. Ha.

The WOD was a ladder type workout - we started with the warmup. I was using a 35 lb Kettlebell for the warmup and workout.

Warmup:
10 KB Squat Press
Side Run
10 KB Press
Run
10 Pushups
Backwards Run
10 KB Swing
Grapevine
10 Goblet Squat
 Run
10 KB Snatches
Skipping

Workout
10 KB Squat-Press
Run (1/10th a mile)
20 KB Push-press
Run
30 KB Goblet Squat
Run
40 KB Swing
Run
50 KB Snatch
Run
40 KB Swing
Run
30 KB Goblet Squat
Run
20 KB Push-press
Run
10 KB Squat-Press
Run
Finished first in 19:19, next person was 20:25. I had the 2nd lightest weight out there though - and that makes a HUGE difference in times!

For the final challenge we had a quarter mile 'race' around our parking lot - I beat a guy who normally easily beats me by 7 seconds. I finished it in 1:06.
In the Mile (for the same competition as the Planks) he beat me by about 25-30 seconds, but I kept ahead of him for almost the first half mile. So I guess I'm a tiny bit faster after a rough workout and at the start...

To be totally fair he did have a heavier weight than me throughout the earlier workout - and that would have added a lot of time for me! I do think that I should probably move up to a bigger weight soon.

This morning I woke up feeling quite sore - but the worst spot was in my traps - and all I did with that was 10 reps using the 60 lb barbell I had while I went to put it away! The KB stuff didn't help I'm sure - but wow! Soreness! I'm glad they got some work!

So what do you do if you are sore?  You go for a RUN!

We watched my brother in law's kids overnight - their oldest is 12, and she watched the kids for us while we went on a run to Flag Rock. Kakes hadn't been all the way there (Patsy's mine is just below - but it's more than half a mile longer on CRAZY steep switchbacks)

We went five miles and had a lot of fun up in the mountains. It's been over 2 weeks since I went out for a run (other than the 1.75ish combined total I did in Crossfit yesterday!) so it felt GREAT. We stopped and played a lot (you'll see in the pictures) and I didn't pause the app at all so really we ran faster than the 19 minute mile pace shown there. We took a bunch of pictures so here are a bunch!

Easily to the top! Not too long ago she couldn't!

I like standing on big rocks.

And doing Yoga poses on them.

 
First time at Flag Rock! So tough!

Lucky for me - Kakes likes doing Cool Yoga poses on rocks too!

She does some awesome poses too!

I don't think I can do this one (and if I could it wouldn't look good!)





That little rock just above Kakes' head is Flag Rock!
SO nice to get back out on the trails, even though I was sore and tired from yesterday's craziness - but even more from this stupid toothache! Hope I can get it taken care of Monday!

Less than two weeks until a work 5k, then the next week is Thanksgiving and we are again doing the annual Turkey Leg we've done for the past two years now! I am hoping to achieve my goal of a sub-20 minute 5k in one of them! I think I can do it if I can stay healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment