Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Biometric Update

Did a Biometric screening this morning because I wanted to see how things have changed since March.

Here are the earlier results
  • March 2012 Results
  • Blood Pressure: 111/56
  • Total Cholesterol: 214
  • HDL - 32
  • Triglycerides: 97
  • LDL: 163
  • Glucose: 90
  • Heart Rate: 62 beats/minute 
 And this morning's results
  • September 2012 Results 
  • Blood Pressure: 117/65
  • Total Cholesterol:213
  • HDL: 44
  • Triglycerides:125
  • LDL: 144
  • Glucose: 100
  • Heart Rate: 59 beats/minute
Blood pressure is basically the same, not really a big surprise there. I think it was higher because I was thinking about the poked finger on the same side as the pressure cuff!
Total Cholesterol went down one point, hooray! My HDL went up - which is great - it's back into the range where it should be. My LDL went down a bunch, which is fantastic, although it is still 'borderline high' according to the CW values, I'm not too worried about my cholesterol at this point, especially since things seem to be moving in the right direction.
The Triglycerides jumping from 97 to 125 is a bit weird, especially since it is higher than it was in 2011...
And Glucose up to 100? That's the very bottom reading for Pre-Diabetes... yikes. I don't think I need to worry too much, but I could probably use a refocused effort at not cheating with soda and/or candy and maybe even doing a week or two of 100% Primal to kind of reset.

Feeling a bit of a downer mixed with a general apathy today... I think the high Glucose and TRG has at least something to do with it, although it probably shouldn't. Also I'm wishing we had more money for Halloween endeavors. I might just put up a pallet Pirate Ship in our yard this year!

I am looking forward to a running night tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment