Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Saturday

Yesterday my ankle was well enough to do Crossfit.

Really the only time it hurts now is when I'm kneeling down directly on it. If my foot is flexed and I'm on my toes it's fine though. Strange.

Anyway back to yesterdays Crossfit Workout:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-01 Dumbbell Burpees
01-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Dumbell Front Squat
2 lengths Sled Push

Do the 10 burpees, 1 squat, then 2 lengths sled, continued in that order until you do 1 burpee, 10 squats, and 2 sleds to finish up.

I finished in 14:22, using 25 lb dumbbells.

I was the 4th person done, nobody who finished before me had weights equal to or heavier, so that made me feel pretty good.
The crossfit beastmen (awesome guys) had 40 and 45 lbers and they were last ones done. That would have been MEAN with heavier weights.
I would have been dead last for sure.

Afterwards since I was one of the first ones done, I started carrying 45 lb plates and random dumbbells up the stairs to clean up. My quads were feeling it on those stairs! Finally did 10 pullups just to see if I could. I have a long ways to go but it is nice feeling stronger

Today was BUSY and I have sore legs and back/shoulders from crossfit, but I decided I needed to go for a run. This was also after playing with my kids at a park and doing some muscle-up training and parkour moves with the kids!

 So I ran 3.4 miles up in the mountains - great run up and down and around all sorts of crazy trails above a park near my house. Ran over near some of my stompin' grounds when I was a kid and spent most of my free weekends roaming the mountains. After I got back to the park where I had parked my car, I did some more muscle-up practice and ten pullups while cooling down.
Who left this up here?

Then after I got home I grabbed the hammer to hit the tire! (along with flipping them a few times to get some of the water out that accumulated there from yesterday's SNOW!) In looking at the pictures of the momentous occasion I realized I make a really funny face while hammerin' the tire... Makes me wonder if I look as ridiculous while doing crossfit. Yikes.






I'll be sore tomorrow! Woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment