Friday, February 3, 2012

Crossfit Feb 3 2012

Last week at Crossfit I pulled a muscle in my upper hamstring - so I still can't do full range of motion on a Squat.

I decided I needed to go today anyway so I can get into the habit and only skip if I HAVE to for a meeting or something.

Today's workout was called "Fight Gone Bad" - love that it's an MMA inspired and named by BJ Penn!

In FGB you move through five stations after a minute at each one. So a five-minute round of working followed by a one-minute break before repeating for 3 rounds: (like most MMA Fights!)
  1. Wall-ball: 20 pound ball, 10 ft target. (Reps) (I don't think we had a 20 pound ball)
  2. Sumo deadlift high-pull: 45 pound kettlebell (Reps)
  3. Box Jump: 20" box (Reps)
  4. Push-press: 2 35 pound dumbbells (Reps)
  5. Burpees (Reps) (Normally you do a Row (Calories))
The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of "rotate," the athlete moves to the next station immediately for good score. One point is given for each rep. (from Official Crossfit faq)

I finished with a 'score' of 211, which isn't a great score but I'm happy with it!

Before starting the class I demonstrated Peacock pose for one of my fellow Yoga-going coworkers, THEN I went down, changed and was able to get a really messy muscle up on some rings! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment