Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The End of 2011

I can't believe it is already December!

It sure has been a great year fitness-wise!

 Here's some of the stuff I've done:
  • Started Insanity a few times but never got too far because of other time constraints, 
  • Yoga. Attended an average of 2 times a week (or more) between work and Infusion - which has been fantastic!
    • I can now do some awesome poses that make me feel very strong
    • Eka Pada Koundiyanasana II
    • Astavakrasana: (such an awesome sunburn too!)
    • Frog
    • Yogic Arts - Awesome class my beautiful wife and I have been attending for the past 2 months
  • Running:
    • Turkey Leg - Ran it last year and had a blast, this year it was warm enough to take that Eka Pada Yoga picture AFTER the race. 40 degrees warmer!!
    • First Half Marathon - Bonneville Shoreline Trail put together by my brother and his running buddy - the extra distance there being because I got lost and went off course! I kind of want to do a regular Half now to see what kind of time I can get on a more normal course instead of a ridiculous amount of vertical gain and loss! Over 14 miles; longest ever run for me.
    • Utah Marathon Relay and Dirty Dash - Excellent events that I hope to do again!
    • Ragnar Relay 2011 - Again looking forward to doing this with a full Family team this year, although I'm going to miss our Piratey theme!
    • Runnin' With Ed - Fun race with my brothers! Sadly our non-brother runner (coworker of my older brother) fractured his foot in this race, doh!
  • Other
    • Still loads of Pullups and Pushups have been done and need to be done! My record for the Cindy Crossfit Benchmark (5 pullups, 10 pushups, 15 air-squats repeated for 20 minutes) improved from 14 to 18 rounds in that 20 minutes - need to try it again soon.
  • Future Plans:
    • Weighted Pullups
    • P90X again - need something to keep me motivated for a while again! SO close to my aesthetic goals!
    • Yoga Balance Practice - I really think I could do a handstand and Forearm stand if I practice! Just need a good empty wall to practice against for a few weeks!

1 comment :