Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A New Beginning

What a lame title for the first post in this, my attempt to better document and ruminate on my fitness goals and exploits.

Back on my other blog, I'm going to try to talk a little less about my fitness pursuits, as soon as I have this one going a bit I'll inform whoever cares on that blog what I'm doing here.

A little about my fitness background. I've always been what I call a fitness enthusiast. I enjoy working out, I enjoy reading about fitness, and while working out, I enjoy pushing myself to do things harder and faster. On the other hand - I am LAZY so sometimes it takes a bit to get myself going, but once I am going, I love it!

I have completed both Beach Body's P90X and Insanity programs and loved them, however I don't really consider myself a big fan of Beach Body as a whole. They have some really great products, but something about their business model I'm not a huge fan of.

I work for a Multi Level Marketing company specializing in Nutritional Supplements, and while there are many such companies who offer wonderful products and services - I could not be a distributor myself, and I think that's my main issue with Beach Body.

I may still document further rounds of P90X and/or Insanity here though, as I'd like to see what results I can achieve mixing it up a bit.

Speaking of achievements, what are my ultimate goals in physical fitness?

First there are the Aesthetic Goals:
  1. Six Pack
  2. Bigger Biceps and Pecs
  3. "Shrink-wrapped" look (visible tight muscles) but not body builder
(Basically I want to achieve a look similar to a Lightweight to Welterweight MMA Fighter, such as Melvin Guillard, Roger Huerta, Georges St-Pierre, which in some(or many!) ways I realize will not be possible, as everybody is unique in many physical ways. Still an ideal to strive for can be a good thing)

Then there are Functional Goals:
  1. Lower Body Fat %
  2. Injury/Pain-free Movement
  3. Ability to MOVE (Parkour/Free Running type stuff)
  4. Improved Posture
There will be more.

But for now - this is the beginning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment